• A career as an event co-ordinator has been cited in the top five most stressful since 2016
• One in three event professionals will experience poor mental health every year, in the form of stress, anxiety, depression and burn out.
• 42% of event professionals wil have changed job due to stress at some point in their career, many more than once
• Younger event professionals are more likely to experience stress than their older peers
• UK Event Professionals only rate their overall wellbeing at 6 out of 10
• In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress (HSE)
The event industry contributes £77bn to the UK economy annually and employs around 700,000 people, so it’s vitally important that the industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips event professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to stay resilient, healthy, happy and event well.
We aim to support the industry as the charitable social enterprise dedicated to educating, campaigning and supporting better mental health and wellbeing in events.
We are here to provide a go to for the event industry centred on our charitable values of industry empathy, organisational culture and professional self care, advocating the health and wellbeing of all professionals working in events.