• A career as an event co-ordinator was cited the fifth most stressful of 2016
• one in three event professionals will experience a period of mental ill health each year
• 42% of event professionals have changed job due to stress, 75% have felt stressed in the past 12 months
• Young people are more likely to experience stress than older generations
• UK Event Professionals only rate their general wellbeing at 6 out of 10
In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress (HSE). As a result, it’s more important than ever that event professionals take active steps towards their wellbeing.
The event industry contributes £77bn to the UK economy annually and employs around 700,000 people, so it’s vitally important that the industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips event professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to stay resilient, healthy, happy and event well.
#EventWell aims to support this as the event industry’s official charitable social enterprise dedicated to mental health campaigns, education and support for event professionals.
We are here to provide a go to for the event industry centred on our charitable values of empathy, culture and sef care, advocating the wellbeing of all professionals working in events.