• A career as an event co-ordinator was cited the fifth most stressful in 2016
• One in three event professionals will experience poor mental health every year, in the form of stress, anxiety, depression and burn out.
• 42% of event professionals wil have changed job due to stress at some point in their career, many more than once
• Young event professionals are more likely to experience stress than their older peers
• UK Event Professionals only rate their general wellbeing at 6 out of 10
In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress (HSE). As a result, it’s more important than ever that event professionals take active steps towards their wellbeing.
The event industry contributes £77bn to the UK economy annually and employs around 700,000 people, so it’s vitally important that the industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips event professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to stay resilient, healthy, happy and event well.
We aim to support the industry as the charitable social enterprise dedicated to educating, campaigning and supporting better mental health and wellbeing in events.
We are here to provide a go to for the event industry centred on our charitable values of industry empathy, organisational culture and professional self care, advocating the health and wellbeing of everyone working in events.
As a charitable social enterprise dedicated to this cause we do this via our products and services, and our outreach and support.