• A career as an event co-ordinator was cited the fifth most stressful of 2016 (Career Cast 2016)
• 1 in 3 event professionals will experience a period of mental ill health each year (#EventWell17 research)
• 42% of event professionals have changed job due to stress, 75% have felt stressed in the past 12 months (#EventWell17 research)
• Young people are more likely to experience stress than older generations (#EventWell17 research)
• UK Event Professionals only rate their general wellbeing at 6 out of 10 (#EventWell17 research)
In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress (HSE). As a result, it’s more important than ever that event professionals take active steps towards their wellbeing.
The event industry contributes £77bn to the UK economy annually and employs around 700,000 people, so it’s vitally important that the industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips event professionals with the knowledge and skills to stay healthy and happy and event well.
#EventWell aims to support this and is the event industry’s charitable social enterprise dedicated to mental health and wellbeing advice, knowledge, support and training for event professionals.
We are here to provide a platform for the event industry centred on our charitable aims and values and advocating the wellbeing of all professionals working in events.
We do this via: