• A career as an event co-ordinator was cited the fifth most stressful of 2016
• 1 in 3 event professionals will experience a period of mental ill health
• 42% of employees have changed job due to stress, 75% have felt stressed in the past 12 months
• Young people are more likely to experience stress than older generations
• UK Event Professionals only rate their general wellbeing at 6 out of 10
In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress. As a result, it’s more important than ever that event professionals take active steps towards their wellbeing.
It’s also vitally important that the events industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips professionals with the knowledge and skills to stay healthy and happy.
#EventWell will support this and is the event industry’s social enterprise and official resource for wellbeing advice, knowledge, help and support.
We are here to provide an online and offline educational resource centred around our values of empathy, culture and self-care, and advocate the wellbeing of event professionals.