• A career as an event co-ordinator was cited the fifth most stressful of 2016 (Career Cast 2016)
• 1 in 3 event professionals will experience a period of mental ill health (#EventWell17 research)
• 42% of employees have changed job due to stress, 75% have felt stressed in the past 12 months (#EventWell17 research)
• Young people are more likely to experience stress than older generations (#EventWell17 research)
• UK Event Professionals only rate their general wellbeing at 6 out of 10 (#EventWell17 research)
In the UK stress accounts for 45% of lost work days, and over 1.3 million people have suffered from workplace stress (HSE). As a result, it’s more important than ever that event professionals take active steps towards their wellbeing.
It’s also vitally important that the events industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace wellbeing that equips professionals with the knowledge and skills to stay healthy and happy.
#EventWell will support this and is the event industry’s charitable social enterprise and dedicated resource for wellbeing advice, knowledge, and support.
We are here to provide an online resource centred around our vision and values, advocating the wellbeing of all professionals working in events.