“Mental Health and Wellbeing is for Life, not just for Christmas”
An appeal to support the Events and Hospitality Sector this Christmas
We are asking that all corporate companies, who are organising their annual Christmas Party Event, to donate the equivalent of a space (or more) to EventWell, to help support those who are suffering hardship within the Live Events / Hospitality Industry.
The event, exhibitions, hospitality, and travel industry has been devastated by the Covid 19 pandemic. Live events companies, their support services, supply chains and hospitality venues have been unable to operate for almost the entire year. The Christmas Party season is an essential period for this sector and sadly it just isn’t going to happen this year. Whilst the traditional Christmas Office Party may be off the table, many companies across the UK are still rewarding their staff this Christmas in different ways. From virtual experiences to ‘Christmas in Box’ gift packages; for a lot of people, the Christmas spirit is still flowing, but this is not helping those within our industry.
At this time of goodwill, we’re asking companies to be kind enough to think about the Events / Hospitality sector and to have it in their hearts to donate what they can and support the EventWell Christmas Party Appeal.
How your donation could help
For example, a Christmas Party donation of:
- £50 donation could help us support an event professional by making them mental health aware for their wellbeing through our bursary scheme
- £100 could support the EventWell Resilience Fund, providing essential and direct financial support to those directly affected by the pandemic
- £150 donation could help fund the EventWell Infoline – a freephone number for event professionals to contact, providing vital mental health and wellbeing advice as well as financial guidance and direction.
- £250 donation could support the roll out and administration of our mental health and wellbeing programmes and services; Event Wellbeing Day 2021, Event Wellbeing Week 2021, EventWell Manifesto, EventWell Champions Programme
Any company who donates over £1,000 will be publicly recognised, if desired, on the EventWell website as a thank you from our sector. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Stuart on 07771 946614 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every penny counts
Any donation you are able to give will be gratefully received by the event industry professionals we are supporting through EventWell. We will be supporting and publicising this campaign nationally via our network of event organisers and hospitality professionals. It is vitally important that our colleagues know that their industry stands with them and is here to help.
The following statistics demonstrate how vital your support is:
- one in three event and hospitality professionals will struggle with their mental health every year.
- 42% of event professionals have changed their job due to stress
- the cost of poor mental health per year per employee is £1426-£1601 in the private sector
- people with mental health conditions lose their jobs at double the rate of those without
- 300,000 people with a long-term mental health condition leave employment every year
80% of funds raised from this campaign will go directly to our community outreach education and support programmes and beneficiaries as needed, 20% of funds will go directly to help fund the administration of such programmes.
EventWell is the Event Industry’s not for profit social enterprise SEO, and charitable company limited by guarantee CCLG (number 11012642) dedicated to cultivating better mental health and wellbeing in events; equipping professionals working in creative communications, experiential marketing, live and business events, exhibitions, travel, tourism and hospitality, with the knowledge and tools they need to stay ‘Event Well‘.