EventWell is turning up the heat in support of National Walking Month this May. We challenge the event industry to get active once again and get stepping from Spring through till Summer.
We challenge all event professionals to participate either individually or with their dream team as an added motivation. The goal is to achieve a daily step count of 10,000 steps, 70,000 steps a week, or 300,000 each month.
The big question is, how fearless do you feel? You can achieve the challenge for one month or go for the big one and accomplish ONE MILLION STEPS for the four months from May-August.
Walking is the easiest and cheapest form of exercise that gets your heart rate up and your lungs expanding. The aim of walking should always be to feel good and get your mind full of positivity. Moving our bodies will always benefit our minds.
Now that the days are lighter for longer, you can make walking part of your day no matter what time of day or how busy you are, and here are some ideas:
- Take a walk at lunchtime
- Go for a walk with your kids
- Walk after dinner to get some fresh air
- Walk whilst you take a phone call
- Have a walk and talk with a friend
HERE’S SOME ADDED MOTIVATION FOR YOU:
Completing 10,000 steps a day burns about 2,000 to 3,500 extra calories each week.
One pound of body fat equals 3,500 calories, so depending on your weight and workout intensity, you could lose about one pound per week simply by completing 10,000 steps each day.
SUPPORT EVENTWELL BY RAISING VITAL FUNDS
You can also support EventWell by asking your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you.
Fundraising for EventWell goes a long way to supporting programmes like Pledge by EventWell, offering financial support to event professionals impacted by the pandemic, and also helps us to support the one in three event professionals experiencing poor mental health such as stress, depression, anxiety and burn out every year.
- Raising £50 for EventWell could provide an unemployed event professional with essential training in mental health awareness
- Raising £75 for EventWell could provide an event professional with an hour talking therapy with a qualified therapist
- Raising £100 for EventWell could provide a week’s worth of food and groceries to a family in need
- Raising £250 for EventWell could provide an event professional with a small relief grant to cover rent, mortgage or utility arrears