Monday 17th – Friday 21st September 2018
Welcome to the official #EventWell18 (Event Wellbeing Week) campaign page.
The #EventWell18 campaign, happening from Monday 17th to Friday 21st September, aspires to build on the awareness created by #EventWell17 with a focussed message that’s in line with the vision and values of EventWell Ltd; empathy, culture and self-care, as well as changing our relationship, as an industry and as event professionals, with our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
The message of this year’s campaign is ‘Looking after YOU and YOURS’ to encourage us first and foremost to be taking better care of ourselves (self-care), which then allows us to take better care of others and maintain those really important relationships with the people who mean the most to us in our busy and often hectic lives – looking after ourselves thus means we are better equipped to look out for and after each other.
Here’s how you can get involved this year:
- Take up a personal challenge that centres around the activities you enjoy doing for the week; fitness, hobbies, socialising.
- Aim to make a change or start something new during the week that will make a positive impact on your personal, mental or emotional health.
- Aim to spend the week indulging in rest and recuperation; take the week off from work maybe and go and visit some new places, or simply aim to do one relaxing thing each day.
- Spend the week dressing to feel good, plan to give yourself that extra time for YOU in the morning, however you prefer do things that week to show yourself and others that you “believe you are worthy”.
- Allow yourself a couple of treats maybe!
- Schedule some time during the week to do the things you never seem to have the time to do, but would really, really like to.
- Make some time for a friend date! Maintaining “positive, nurturing, reciprocal relationships,” is a crucial part of self-care.
- Try setting some healthy boundaries and practise the art of saying no! Needy co-worker, demanding boss, dramatic friend; sometimes it’s better being cruel to be kind and #EventWell18 is a great opportunity to practise the art of doing just that.
Don’t forget to share all of the above with us on social media using the hashtag #EventWell18.
Which brings us on to the second part of the campaign… when was the last time you hugged a colleague? Never? Good because now is the time to start…
Research has proved that hugging relaxes your muscles, reduces stress, boosts your immune system, lessens feeling of isolation, reduces anxiety, is a great pain reliever, can help fight fear and can even protect you against heart disease, so let’s do more of it!
Now obviously it goes without saying that you need to have the recipient’s permission first, please don’t go around randomly hugging your boss, co-workers or complete strangers, it may be frowned upon.
What won’t be frowned upon is if you share your reciprocal #huganeventprof images with us on instagram, facebook and twitter, and you may be in with a chance of winning a prize. Our campaign aim is to break the internet with #eventprof hugs!
If you are an organisation planning to hold a team wellbeing initiative or challenge during Event Wellbeing Week then share your plans with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to the calendar of events and promote under the #EventWell18 umbrella.
Whether your organisation message is awareness, prevention or mental wellbeing, Event Wellbeing Week can be used to help your team or members understand how to look after their own health better.
#EventWell18 logos and banner are available for you to download to help strengthen your messaging and reach.
To download the #EventWell18 Logos and Banners (click on the links and then right click to ‘save image as…’)