Thank you for joining EventWell. The following are our terms and conditions of membership and you should read them carefully as they set out your rights and obligations as a member of EventWell (a “Friend” or “you” in what follows). These terms and conditions are based on our charitable constitution.
EventWell Ltd is a registered social enterprise and not for profit in England and Wales, number 11012642 of 8 Lambourne Place, London SE3 7BH and, will be referred to as “EventWell” or “we” in these terms and conditions.
- All applications for membership shall be treated as if the terms of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and EC Directive 97/7/EC applied for the purposes of cancellation. Accordingly any cancellations in respect of these must be made within seven working days of the application being made. Cancellation must be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to EventWell Ltd, 8 Lambourne Place, London SE3 7BH, marked for the attention of the Membership Team, or telephone – 07501 021 573.
- You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal details. [If you are provided with individual passwords for access to our on-line services, these must not be shared with anyone else.]
- All Members agree that email addresses and other personal details provided to EventWell may be used for administrative purposes and to fulfil your EventWell membership, this will include the weekly EventWell emails and e-newsletters.
- EventWell may send you invitations to take part in surveys or focus groups to ask for your help to shape EventWell’s work.
- EventWell may send you information about our products and services via email, text message or phone where we feel these would be of interest to you and you have provided your consent to hear from us in this way.
- We may also send you information about our products and services via post, if you would like us to not contact you in this way then please let us know using the contact details below.
- Of course, you can opt-out of these EventWell membership communications at any time, although they form part of your Membership benefits.
- If you wish to change how we contact you then please inform us in writing at Membership Team, 8 Lambourne Place, London SE3 7BH or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from EventWell emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- If your membership lapses we will contact you for a short time to ask whether you would like to rejoin our membership or hear from us about other ways that you can support EventWell’s work.
Subscription fees and payment
- All Members shall pay an annual membership fee as set out below:
- For employed individuals and professionals: £70 per year, £7 per month
- For businesses and employers up to 25 employees: £750 per year, £75 a month
- For businesses and employers up to 50 employees: £950 per year, £95 a month
- For businesses and employers up to 100 employees: £1250 per year, £125 a month
- For businesses and employers up to 250 employees: £1950 per year, £195 a month
- For unemployed and those receiving benefits or student individuals: Six months free
- For event management students: Free whilst studying and then £50 per year, £5 per moth for first two years in the industry
- The first year of membership shall operate for 12 months from the time at which we receive your application.
- Payment by BACS, invoice and, credit/debit card: When each membership period comes to an end, a renewal notice will be issued, and the membership will be discontinued unless a further membership payment is received by you with a wish to continue your membership.
- Members agree to settle all legitimate invoices by EventWell within 15 days of receipt.
- Membership may be terminated at the discretion of EventWell if a Member is considered to be in breach of these terms and conditions, or such removal is sanctioned by a resolution of the EventWell Board of Trustees, provided that in such circumstances, the Member has had a reasonable opportunity to explain to the Board why he or she should not be removed.
- Subject to any statutory right to cancel, all membership fees are non-refundable once payment has been received.
- As a Member of EventWell you are entitled to:
- FREE copy of the EventWell Mental Health Awareness pack
- FREE attendance at our annual general meeting and social event
- FREE attendance at EventWell Talks and Digital Lunch & Learns throughout the year
- FREE and exclusive Friends of EventWell Networking Drinks (digital and live) throughout the year
- FREE attendance at EventWell Digital Summit taking place 14 & 15 July 2020
- FREE and exclusive access to EventWell Bitesize digital platform with monthly bitesize mental health, wellbeing and self-care top tips, activities and support
- FREE and exclusive access to EventWell Connect, our new friends and membership forum
- FREE and exclusive access to event professionals trained in Mental Health First Aid and, one hour completely confidential consultations as often as needed
- FREE and exclusive premium blogs and content on the EventWell.org hub
- 25% off all EventWell Academy eLearning and certifications (coming soon!)
- Discounted Mental Health First Aid Training and Mental Health Awareness Workshop tickets with our MHFA partners and providers
- Exclusivity to send articles and editorial for the ‘From our Friends’ spot of the EventWell Monday Motivator email
- Additional exclusive special offers and discounts throughout the year!
However, EventWell reserves the right to vary, amend or withdraw these services at our discretion.
- Where you are not a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by email.
- Where you are a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by post and/or email.
- Clause 19 and 20 will be made void if indicated by yourself as outlined in Clause 7.
- Each Member is entitled to one vote.
EventWell publications materials
- Unless stated otherwise, all publications and materials supplied to Members are the copyright work of EventWell. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior written consent of EventWell or to the extent expressly permitted by law.
- All information provided by EventWell to Members is on an “as is basis”. Whilst EventWell makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all such information we cannot guarantee the completeness, quality or non-infringement of third parties rights in relation to these materials.
- EventWell may at its absolute discretion refuse the application of an individual to become a member without having to give any reason for its decision. An applicant whose membership application is refused has the right to appeal to EventWell’s “Board of Trustees” against the refusal and the Board will re-consider the application in light of any further information provided by the applicant before reaching a final decision as to whether or not the individual should be admitted as a member.
- To become a member, you must be a minimum age of 16 years old at time of application.
- Subject to paragraph 29, in no event shall EventWell be liable to Members or to any other third party for any lost profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with services, benefits and/or products supplied by EventWell.
- Subject to paragraph 29, liability under all circumstances shall be limited to the annual membership fee paid for by the individual concerned.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by EventWell’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The rights of a Member are personal and cannot be transferred or assigned.
- Membership rights shall cease on a Member’s death or an individual ceasing to be a Member.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- All members are bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of EventWell. A copy of these is available from EventWell and can be requested at any time by emailing email@example.com. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the Memorandum and Articles of Association, these terms and conditions shall take precedence.
Last updated 1 July 2020