Mental health issues are a normal part of life. In any one year approximately one in three event professionals experience at least one diagnosable mental health issue, and the World Health Organisation forecasts that by 2030 depression will be the leading cause of the global burden of disease.
Educating people about mental health helps to reduce the stigma around mental health conditions and in turn increases people’s willingness to talk about mental health and wellbeing in a positive framework.
Mental Health is fast becoming a priority in the workplace. Employers are increasingly concerned with absenteeism, presenteeism and productivity loss due to mental ill health.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help offered to a person developing a mental health issue, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health issue or a person in a mental health crisis. MHFA is given until appropriate professional help is received or until the crisis appears to have passed.
The aims of physical first aid are to preserve life, prevent further harm, promote recovery and bring comfort to the injured person. MHFA shares these aims to:
- Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Provide help to prevent the mental health issue from becoming more serious
- Promote recovery of good mental health
- provide comfort to a person with a mental health issue
MHFA courses with our training partners and providers teach people how to spot the early signs of a mental health issue, including warning signs of common mental health crises, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person towards appropriate treatment and other sources of supportive help.
A HEALTHY WORKPLACE IS A PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE.
MHFA ENGLAND CERTIFIED: MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AIDER (4 ONLINE SESSIONS OVER 1 – 2 WEEKS PLUS SOME OPEN LEARNING)
Through a blend of instructor-led live sessions and self-learning activities, you will:
- Develop practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Gain confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- Learn how to guide them to further support for recover
Upcoming dates with our training partners:
YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND ALL FOUR OF THE DATES SHOWN
Tuesday 8, Thursday 10, Tuesday 15, Thursday 17 September (9.30am – 12pm) – ENQUIRE
Friends of EventWell & members: £243.00 inc Vat per person
Non members: £270.00 inc Vat per person
Monday 3, Tuesday 4, Tuesday 11, Wednesday 12 August (afternoons) – ENQUIRE
Monday 10, Tuesday 11, Wednesday 12, Thursday 13 August (mornings) – ENQUIRE
Monday 17, Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19, Thursday 20 August (mornings) – ENQUIRE
Monday 7, Tuesday 8, Wednesday 9, Thursday 10 September (mornings) – ENQUIRE
Monday 14, Tuesday 15, Wednesday 16, Thursday 17 September (mornings) – ENQUIRE
Friends of EventWell & members: £252.00 inc Vat per person
Non members: £276.00 inc Vat per person
MHFA ENGLAND CERTIFIED: MENTAL HEALTH AWARE (4 HOUR ONLINE OPEN COURSE)
This introductory four hour online session raises awareness of mental health and covers.
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Upcoming dates with our training partners:
Tuesday 1 September (9am – 1pm) – ENQUIRE
Friends of EventWell & members: £53.40 inc Vat per person
Non members: £58.80 inc Vat per person
Tuesday 4th August (morning) – ENQUIRE
Friends of EventWell & members: £78.00 inc Vat per person
Non members: £90.00 inc Vat per person
EventWell Ltd is a community focused and charitable social enterprise. Every penny we make is reinvested back into improving the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of professionals in the event industry.
We believe social value is just as important as financial performance and every £1 you spend or donate generates £2 back in social value. Through the support of our customers, friends and partners we’re able to:
- Run targeted wellbeing programmes that bring wellbeing awareness and training to every event business
- Subsidise our prices to ensure all event professionals can afford to participate and learn
- Invest back into our community and charitable projects educating and campaigning for better mental health and wellbeing in the event industry
- Support the one in three event professionals who experience mental ill health every year
We rely on the amazing support of our customers, members and partners and want you to know that when you buy a ticket for an EventWell event you are helping make a difference.
Do you have an event team of 8 or more and interested in training them in mental health first aid? Then please speak to us about in-house courses from our training partners and providers.
If you have a question or would like further information on our mental health first aid training then use the contact form below to get in touch