EventWell challenges the event industry to get active and walking in 2022.
The Goal? – to walk 150 miles for mental health in a month
We challenge all event professionals to participate either individually or with their dream team as an added motivation at any time of the year. The big question is, how competitive are you? You can achieve the challenge for one month or go for the big one and accomplish 1,000 miles over six months.
Walking is the easiest and cheapest form of exercise that gets your heart rate up and your lungs expanding. The aim of walking should always be to feel good and get your mind full of positivity. Moving our bodies will always benefit our minds.
Now that the days are lighter for longer, you can make walking part of your day no matter what time of day or how busy you are.
Imagine you are walking in the shoes of someone living with poor mental health probably feeling isolated, alone and unable to leave their home.
HERE’S SOME ADDED MOTIVATION FOR YOU:
Walking 5 miles a day (10,000 steps) burns about 2,000 to 3,500 extra calories each week.
One pound of body fat equals 3,500 calories, so depending on your weight and workout intensity, you could lose about one pound per week simply by walking 5 miles each day.
- Take a walk at lunchtime
- Go for a walk with your kids
- Walk to and from the office
- Walk after dinner to get some fresh air
- Walk whilst you take a phone call
- Have a walk and talk with a friend
- Count up the miles walking the event floor!
SUPPORT EVENTWELL BY RAISING VITAL FUNDS
Fundraising for EventWell® goes a long way to supporting our charitable projects like Pledge by EventWell, and helps us support the one in three event professionals experiencing poor mental health such as stress, depression, anxiety and burn out every year.
- Raising £30 for EventWell could provide an unemployed event professional with a grocery shop
- Raising £90 for EventWell could provide an event professional with an hour talking therapy with a qualified therapist
- Raising £100 for EventWell could provide a week’s worth of food and groceries to a family in need
- Raising £250 for EventWell could provide an event professional with a hardship relief grant to cover rent, mortgage or utility arrears
You must be logged in to post a comment.