To ensure every professional and every event attendee feels valued and supported, by making tangible change to the event industry’s relationship with mental wellbeing and neurodiversity
To be the go-to for Neuroinclusive and Mental Wellbeing friendly event spaces
OUR CORE VALUES
Helping event professionals and event attendees to stay event well, with resilience boosting products and services, outreach and support
Treating or affecting everyone in events equally and fairly by changing attitudes to mental health and neuroinclusion, and speaking out on the issues that affect anyone with multiple disadvantages or needs
Empowering event professionals to make informed choices for their mental wellbeing and neurodivergence by offering a portfolio of quality information, services and resources
Working with organisations in the meetings, events, exhibitions, travel, hospitality, and creative industries to share best practice and set industry standards
To be there for all event professionals and event attendees who need us, by making mental wellbeing and neuroinclusion products and services, outreach and support accessible and affordable
Putting excellence at the heart of our organisation, creating financial stability and establishing a valued charitable organisation dedicated to mental wellbeing in events
Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Events Industry
- A career as an event co-ordinator has been cited in the top five most stressful since 2016
- One in three event professionals will experience poor mental wellbeing and health every year
- One in six people will be struggling with their mental wellbeing every week
- One in five people are neurodivergent
- 42% of event professionals will have changed a job due to stress at some point in their career, many more than once
- Younger event professionals are more susceptible to poor mental health and stress than their older peers, with 75% of serious mental health disorders developing before the age of 25
The event industry contributes £77bn to the UK economy annually and employs around 700,000 people, so it’s vitally important that the industry as a whole comes together with a proactive approach towards workplace and onsite wellbeing that provide a space and equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to stay resilient, healthy, happy and event well.
We aim to support the industry as the charitable social enterprise dedicated to educating, campaigning and supporting better mental wellbeing and neuroinclusion in events.
We are here to provide a go to for the event industry centred on our charitable values of industry wide empathy, organisational culture and professional self care, advocating the health and wellbeing of ALL professionals working in events, and all those who attend them.